Sunday, November 21, 2010

Artwork: Super-Heroes, Lions, and Super-Hero Vegetables

In the beginning of the school year, I would have at least every student come up to me and give me a drawing that they made, each day. Sometimes students would come carry a whole pile of drawings made just me for or Lidia. Now, although I love having lots of creative drawings from students, I had nothing to do with this amount of paper so my class had a talk about wasting paper and that it comes from trees. After that talk, I usually only get a few drawings each day, instead of 50 or more each day.

One student of mine is a really creative artist and his drawings are very impressive for a six year old. The first day I met him he immediately told me that his favorite animal is the lion. Each day he would act like a lion, for the entire day and only draw lions.

Now his interests have changes a little and he loves super-heroes like superman, batman, the hulk, buzz lightyear, and more. Basically he just loves to draw and then pretend he is that creature. latley he tells me everyday before he goes to recess that he is going to he "Booz Layear" (Buzz lightyear) as he runs off with one hand in the air.

Anyways his drawings are so great that I wanted to devote an entire blog post to just his drawings.... enjoy! (You can click on the pic to make it bigger)



Lion

Buzz Lightyear (Right Side he spelled it "Bosal.." and he was writing to infinity and beyond in spanish"

Super-Vegetables (Vetoves) and Fruit


3 comments:

  1. Grace,
    These drawings are unbelievable for a six year old! The drawings are so detailed and I love his inventive spelling in both English and Spanish! The lion drawing has movement, it looks like the lion is ready to move his tail! Very creative young man! Thanks for posting these drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just finally checked out this entry. I love the muscles on the superheroes, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Grace- first of all we miss your face and anxiously await Christmas! Now to the 6yr olds pics. You can tell him that your Niece Marie who is 11, loves Toy Story. Her 11th bday party was Toy Story and she wants Toy Story everything...She even bought a Buzz Lightyear backpack that has a hood that pulls out.(like for a 6year old)...she carries it to school every day! She is obsessed! Veronica loves it too!

    ReplyDelete