Thursday, October 14, 2010

cheque

Hey everyone, so i am taking over graciellas blog for a few mins. I have so much greater respect for teachers today after i witnessed a full day of teaching. It was amazing to say the least, great kids, fun games, interesting sing alongs and just a great learning experience. We got up at 630 to get ready to go to the school. Had to take a cold shower, that took me like 15mins to get my mind right to jump in, afterwards we got dressed and walked 30 mins to the school. Wonderful hills surrounding the school, great view. Got to school early and helped set up the day for the pupils. Took some pictures, walked around the school and came back in time to see the kids and they were excited to see me, i felt like a celeb. I record about 40 mins of the class session,video coming soon, interesting way of teaching kids different things and how the grasp things quickly.Kinda interesting grace tells the kids i dont speak spanish and that they should speak english to me, they did still come up and ask me in spanish things like, can i go to the bathroom, or like " carlos stuck his tongue out at me or, can i sharpen there pencils or will i come back to visit them in school tomorrow. Obviously i just said si to everything and smiled becaused i had no clue what they just said. But i like the kids nonetheless, i got so much hugs and drawings to last a life time. It was very nice of them, I did however appreciate the patience teachers have with kids because it feels like you have been working for 2 days when you are around them. The utmost respect, i was just watching grace switch from speaking spanish to english, telling them what to do and how to do it, or telling them to " change your colour" when they did something bad. Prof grace and the aide were just doing so much that i wondered how they are so organized with so many kids, raising there hands, asking questions, being bad, wanting to go to the restroom like every other min or complaining about there pencils not being sharp after i just sharpened it 2 seconds ago. The girls seemed more like they grasped quicker and they were more attentive. Met some of the teachers, nice, and the headmistress, all nice and friendly. Anyway grace is right here and she is going to take over now, adios

Hola, Efe and I are having a great time in Honduras so far! Yesterday it was a lot of traveling bc I went to teguc to meet Efe at the airport and I had to take the regular bus which means it took an extra 1.5 hours because this bus stops at every little town and stop along the road. Either way I go there and took a cab safely, Efe and I ate some McDonalds (1st time in 2 months!!) and then we headed back to Juticalpa. We met up for dinner with all my friends and so far I think Efe is loving how different it is in Honduras, kinda like Nigeria. He also brought me a huge bag of halloween chocolate and some other great presents!! After school today we are able to walk around Juticalpa and just try some different food. This is a great start to a trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment