Monday, September 20, 2010

Dia del nino/ Children's Day!

Two fridays ago we celebrated Children's Day in Honduras! It's a day that is meant to celebrate kids and just let them have fun so for school we had a half day (Also fun for teachers!) and we had a party. At first I realized I was a little stressed out because I was hosting and organizing a party in a different country for a holiday that I had never celebrated! haha... so I am really glad I had Lidia there to help tell me what usually happens on these days!

Overall it ended up being really fun, the kids were able to come to school in regular clothes and everyone was dressed their BEST - new shoes, haircut, gelled hair for boys, girls hair was done, girls wearing dresses and some even had heels on. I love seeing my kids so excited and happy. Each student was told what to bring and so many parents cooked great honduran food. Then we played a few games and listened to music (Thanks Dad for the raffi and ella jenkins!)

Some pictures to show the day:







3 comments:

  1. Grace,
    We love these pictures! Seeing your classroom and the happy children make us feel great about your teaching choice this year! We are so proud of you. So in honor of you and your Honduran first graders we are going to listen to Raffi and Ella Jenkins music today! Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! I like the marshmellow on each plate haha. Now put up some pictures of the beach please!

    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm food!

    btw..i love the blue desks! so bright!

    ReplyDelete