Thursday, September 9, 2010

Zip-lining

So far the writing two times a week hasn't worked out too well... but I'm really trying!

Anyways my weekend was fun last weekend - First off Saturday we did not have electricity from 8 a.m. til 4 p.m. because they were apparently working on the power lines. Pretty much the whole town was without power for that time. The bad thing about not having power is that you also don't have water because the running water works off of electric pumps. (frustrating, I know).

The good news for Saturday is our pool for my group of houses was suddenly fixed and filled with water! So I spent the day lounging poolside and swimming with my other gringo friends. :) It was a nice day and a great way to spend a no electricity or water day. haha After this time in Juticalpa I'm sure I will appreciate water and power more than I ever have before



.

Sunday was an even better day though because I went to this town called Santa Maria de Real
The place I went to is called "La Pita" and it was absolutely gorgeous. The whole place was like a big garden with manicured plants and tons of trees and nature all over. It was a great break from the dirty and dusty air in Juticalpa. Here the air was cleaner and everything just seemed so nice.

If anyone comes to see me we are definatley going to this place because they also have really good food. (Efe we're already going lol) I had this great tasting fish dinner with a pop for what comes out to be about $5.

After eating we went zip-lining... at first I was a little scared because it is pretty high up and this place is not that well known, so who knows how well it is maintained. However, I did it and it ended up being really fun. Basically you just go through all these trees. The views of the mountains were great and sometimes I even thought I would really hit a tree branch if I didn't tuck in my legs. haha.

Here's some more photos of my day-trip:


MMM! Que Rico!


There were pigs! :)
This plant looks like it belongs in a Dr. Suess book!


There I am!

Sam and I ready to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment