Wednesday, August 4, 2010

36 Hours Till I Arrive!!

Wow - well this past month has definitely flown by... I leave for Honduras at 5:30 a.m. on this Friday, August 6th. I am expected to arrive in Tegucigalpa at 11:15 a.m. - so it's not very long travel time. I'm thankful that I do not have to spend almost 20 hours traveling like I did for Brazil!

This past month has been full of family, boyfriend, friends, and a little traveling (Chicago, Kansas, Naperville, Galesburg...) But now I'm looking ahead to my future 1st grade classroom in Juticalpa. I have SO many questions that I can't wait to find out the answers. Who will my roommates be? What will my students be like? How will my classroom look? What's the temperature/humidity/amount of rain? Is there plenty of drinking water? Will I always have water to shower with? Did I pack the right things? and the list goes on and on....

Of course I realize that a lot of those answers I will learn soon after I arrive and start to get settled in. I'm hoping that I can pay for a decent internet connection so I can keep this updated!


Anyways this is what I have been up to - in pictures!













And finally -- all of my luggage! I hope I'm ready :) Please comment and keep in contact with me.... I have skype (grace.crouch) and of course all the normal stuff, facebook, email...etc. :)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for putting me on there!good luck!x0x0x0 from veronica

    ReplyDelete