Saturday, August 7, 2010

Productive Day!

So I wrote that in the middle of the night and now it's 5:30 p.m. and I did have a very productive day. I got a phone chip for my cell phone to work here, internet in my apartment (!), and went to some stores to get groceries and that kinda stuff. Also, I had someone try to steal my phone right out of my hand. I guess I learned my lesson that I need to not talk on my phone on the street like an American... lol.

Everyone besides the lame teenager who tried to steal my phone seem really nice and helpful. It's exhausting having to figure out how another culture works though. Little things like knowing where to go to an ATM or figure out how to order, whether you tip... it's so confusing! At least I have Costa Rica to compare some things too and that has been helpful. Also, I was really excited when I went to the store today because I saw almost all of the same brands that I had IN Costa Rica! Things like salsa lizano, all the fruits, and Dos Pinos ice cream and milk. :) LOL. So even though everything is new in this country, I have some things I recognize from before. :)

And my house is amazing! I will post pictures as soon as I take them and unpack. Right now my room is too messy and I haven't had time to take pics. Anyways miss you lots and call me on skype or my honduras number is: (504) - 95-20-06-30

Comment if you're reading this too!

5 comments:

  1. Dos pinos! Have a cero grados for me, lol. Your apartment sounds nice, post some pictures soon!

    That's crazy about phone, hopefully that will be the only time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in search of a cero grados!!!! Hopefully you can visit sometime and you can have one with me!!

    I looked for Rock Ice con limon with no luck yet... I'll keep u updated. I know how much you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We want you to act like a "Honduran" when walking on the street! WE are so glad you are safe. We loved the salsa lizano you brought back from Costa Rica! Yummy......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Grace, it's Kelly! I'm glad you found some familiar things down there and have a phone and Internet! I'm definitely excited to see some pictures of Honduras. Josselin will be so excited. When do you start teaching the kids? I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, I like reading about HOnduras! Love you!

    Rach

    ReplyDelete