Sunday, August 15, 2010

One Week Done....

It's official... I've been in Juticalpa for just over a week! Wow... to be honest it feels much longer than that. There is just so much to get used to when living abroad, that I think my brain is working overtime! haha. I get sleep very easily and I think a lot of it is that I am just always thinking so much.

Anyways, this weekend has been really nice and relaxing overall. Friday night I went with some of my friends to a gringo party and there were a lot of Day Star teachers there and some other people from peace corps or from the other bilingual school in town. It's nice that I have been able to meet all of these people and still have a strong American connection... it's relaxing.

Yesterday a group of us went to the next town over, Catacamas. (About a 45 min bus ride) It was nice to see another town to compare it to Juticalpa. Overall, it was similar except that Catacamas was a lot cleaner, calmer, and it is smaller. The streets and sidewalks were wider and the cars stopped for pedestrians! haha We climbed up this mountain to a big cross that looks out of the city. While climbing about 300-400 steps, the view was definitely worth it. It's just simply gorgeous here, and I know I keep saying it but the mountains are truly fabulous. We waited around at the top for awhile just enjoying the view and trying to cool off a little bit, we made our way to a hotel that has a pool and swam. I felt so clean and cool it was amazing! I never feel that way here because you are always sweating and hot... but not in the pool! haha

Speaking of pools, my roommate and I went to look at the pool by our house that is for people who live in this complex. It is so nice with lots of chairs and a barbecue area! The only problem is there is no water in it and a tube is apparently broken.... so I really hope they fix it sometime soon because I can't wait to jump in!!








4 comments:

  1. That second picture has adorable little houses. But the bottom picture, um, what is that? Is the one in the back an apartment building? Thanks for the pictures! It seems longer to me, too, that you've been gone, but I bet it will go by quicker once you get into teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to go swimming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha me too!! I think Im going to walk by my pool everyday just to see if it's working yet....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love seeing where you are living and playing. Now we just need to see some pictures of where you are working! Hope your week is going great and we will talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete